Saturday, March 28, 2009

Mother of the Year (Elizabeth)

Three weeks ago I started reading the Twilight series (Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse and Breaking Dawn). I became totally and completely obsessed. I could not put it down. The school library had the first three, but not the fourth and last. So I asked my friend Alzira to bring it in because she owns it. I asked her to bring it in on a Friday. She forgot. I went paranoid over the weekend. I asked her to bring it Monday. She forgot. Tuesday. Sick. That day, Tuesday March 11, 2009, after school my mom officially won the ‘Mother of the Year’ award because that day she went to the Bookworm, an English language bookstore and bought me all fourth Twilight books. When I saw them I screamed. So now you know that my mom has taken the place of ‘Mother of the Year’
(The Twilight series was written by Stephenie Meyer. Twilight has recently been made into a movie which came out in November ’08. To learn more go to www.stepheniemeyer.com . You can also look into her other book The Host)

1 comment:

Ann M. Byrne said...

OH NO! Don't tell me the Twilight phenomena has hit China, too! My nieces of a certain age are all obsessing about those books. Their mothers and fathers are frantic that school work will suffer as the young ladies read, and read, and read some more. Glad to hear that Elizabeth enjoyed them so much.

Oh yeah, a tip of the sham to Judy on receiving that coveted "Mother of the Year" award! Certainly deserved for mothering above and beyond the call of duty. In addition, the award just might come in handy some day!