Monday, February 2, 2009

Oh yeah, about work… (Judy)

During the university hiatus I have been plugging away on my contributions to a new edition of Dan Coquillette’s textbook on Lawyers and Fundamental Moral Responsibility. Mike Cassidy and I are joining as coauthors on the second edition. This book focuses on western moral though. But being in China and exposed to the eastern world, and a legal system without as many structural checks to ensure fairness, has helped me see the questions more sharply. Alas, it has not clarified any answers!!

Once again this pressing project, and the need to prepare materials for spring classes, has pushed aside language training. As Fr. Bill Neenan used to say, “the best is the enemy of the good.” I am slowly accepting that developing greater proficiency in Chinese will may not occur during this trip.

1 comment:

George Mark said...

thanks for sharing this amazing blog post. find the best Chinese Business Lawyer here : Shenzhen Lawyer